Mail delegation in Gmail/ Google Apps
In this example: Apps Admin wish to share his Mailbox access with Dipesh.
- Login to Gmail with Apps admin account, Click the gear in the top right and select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Under ‘Grant access to your account,’ click the Add another account link.
- Enter the email address of the person you’d like to access your account and click Next Step.
- Remember, you can only enter your Organization email address.
- You’ll see a confirmation message. Click Send email to grant access if you’re sure.
- The delegate (Dipesh) will receive a verification email explaining that you’ve granted access to them.
- To see if the delegate has confirmed access to your account, look at the Accounts and Import tab in Settings
- To access the Delegated account, select Google Account/ Avatar from top corner of Gmail.
- After the delegate confirms this request, it may take up to 30 minutes for the verification process to be completed.